10 Things I Can Do to Help My World
Written and illustrated by Melanie Walsh
Themes: Conservation, Recycling, Environment
Grade Level: K to 1st grade
Book Brief: This book describes 10 simple ways kids can help take care of our planet such as turning the tap off when they brush their teeth and using both sides of a piece of paper
The text is simple and kids can make immediate connections to their own experiences in the world. The pages have interesting cut outs and a few features that flip open, making the book really interesting for the children.
The illustrations are bright and engaging and the 10 things are easy for the kids to understand and do. It makes them start a conversation about what they can to to help their world.
Things to do:
- I remember to turn off the lights when I leave the room
- I try to turn off the tap when I brush my teeth
- I always throw my trash away
- I will feed the birds in winter
- I use both size of the paper
- I remind my parents to unplug the TV when we are not watching it
- I enjoy making toys from things around the house
- I like to walk to school
- I can plant seeds and help them grow
- I help sort recycling
All because I love my world!
This article is reposted.