Laughter brings out the child in all of us. – Author: Bill Cosby
When did your kid laugh out loudly? If you have seen them do so it’s a good sign that they have stress releasing qualities in their nature, but if they are seen worried, anxious or stressed over their tasks in the name of competition then it’s time for you to take a strong step.
Studies have found that children between 6 and 18 need more of psychological consultation than physiological.
Well, not all childhood stress is harmful, but the requirements of today’s so called competitive lifestyle are the possible reasons of stress in children.
Give your kids a daily dose of laughter to destress them! Real or fake…laughter is laughter. Laughter detoxifies our body, mind, heart and spirit. Regular laughter = Positive human being.
Read more about: Yoga in 4 easy Steps
Benefits of laughter
“Laughter opens the lungs, and opening the lungs ventilates the spirit.” ─ Unknown
- Physical– relieves pain, increases immunity, helps sleep well,
- Mental– develops creativity, eases the stress, affects brain positively
- Emotional– keeps kids positive, brings happiness in them, releases inhibitions
- Harmonious family atmosphere– strengthen relationships, defuses conflicts
How can laughter be brought in your kid’s life?
- By laughing with your kids at home without any reason
- By making them laugh through simulated laughter because it gradually becomes infectious
- By encouraging them to join laughter workshops
- By creating kid’s laughter clubs/groups in the neighbourhood
Kids can be the wonderful laughter yoga instructors of your family if given a chance!
- Kids may laugh in different ways, but one thing is the same – when one child laughs, others hear and they join in naturally.
- Therapeutic approaches to laughter such as Laughter exercises offer a simulated effect that works on the body and mind simultaneously.
- Simulated Laughter energises systems that are disrupted by stress and they also stimulate willingness to learning, creativity and self discipline. They help deal with stressful situations and cope up with everything positively.
- Studies have found that children between 6 and 18 need more of psychological consultation than physiological.
- Well, not all childhood stress is harmful, but the requirements of today’s competitive lifestyle are the possible reasons of stress in children.
Therefore, give your kids a daily dose of laughter to destress them
Picture courtesy: OOKC members, Google and Pexel Images